Dec 22, 2013

Egg Substitutes

Many people do not use eggs when they bake because they are either allergic to it or they simply do not want to use them. I myself am a vegetarian and prefer not using eggs in my baking. Here are some ways I found to substitute eggs.

Egg Substitutes:

flax meal - for 1 egg you can use 3 Tablespoons water and 1 Tablespoon flax meal. If you need it for 2 eggs then you can double the amount and so on.

Ener-G egg substitute-  1 egg is equivalent to 1/2 tablespoon of Ener-G egg replacer and 2 tablespoons of water. 

applesauce - 1 egg is the same as 1/3 cup applesauce or ¼ cup applesauce and 1 teaspoon baking powder.

silken tofu - For 1 egg you can use 1/4 cup blended silken tofu. Make sure that it is completely smooth and does not have any chunks. 

yogurt - Use 1/4 cup of yogurt for 1 egg.

bananas -  to use bananas to substitute eggs, you can use a ripe and mashed banana  for every egg the recipe calls for. 

1 comment:

Renuka Balakrishnan said...

I myself didn't know there were so many ways to substitute eggs!